The “Turnilla Vegan Paella” has become a firm favourite with our yogis here at Casa Turnilla. The clever blend of vegetables and spices turns this typical Spanish dish into a delicious vegan rice dish that tastes as good as it looks.
- In a large saucepan over medium-high temperature, heat the oil and sauté the onion, garlic and leek.
- Add the pepper, green beans, and keep stirring until they are warmed through.
- Add the rinsed kidney beans and the tomato puree. Stir the whole mixture gently.
- Transfer the mixture to an oven tray or baking dish, add the mushrooms and rice and stir for the last time.
- Add the hot stock, made with 1 veg stock cube, paprika, saffron, salt and hot spices if you like some heat.
- Finally put the carrots on top that have been cut to look like prawns!
- Put the tray in a preheated oven at 200ºC for 40-45 min. After 30min check and cover with tin foil or a lid for the last 15 minutes.
- Once removed from the oven leave the paella covered to rest for 5 minutes before serving
- Serve with squished lemon and fresh parsley.
Ingredients (serves 6)