Adam and Sonia treat their guests at BnB Turnilla to some seriously healthy homemade bread and they are happy to share the recipe with you. This recipe has evolved over time to become what it is now which is a super easy and tasty homemade bread.
- In a mixing bowl combine all of the dry ingredients.
- Add the water/vegetable milk and fold together until you have a nice porridge like consistency.
- Pour the entire mixture into a non-stick loaf tin
- Put in a pre-heated oven at 175°c for 45 minutes
- Remove from the oven and after a few minutes take the loaf out of the tin to leave on a cooling rack.
Base Ingredients (makes 1 loaf)
2 cups of Spelt flour
1 cup of strong white flour
2 cups of liquid (water or vegetable milk)
2 teaspoons of bicarbonate of soda
Salt to taste